Wednesday, September 6th, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MINSTER - It appears the Ohio Department of Transportation has finally heard the community's message - the village needs a traffic light at the busy intersection of state routes 66/119 and Bensman Road. Village Administrator Do . . .
Four people face multiple drug-related charges in the wake of an undercover investigation by the Grand Lake Drug Task Force. The ongoing investigation began last fall. Mercer County Sheriff's deputies and task force personnel r . . .
NEW BREMEN - The New Bremen Cardinals evened their season mark at 3-3 overall with a three-game win over Auglaize County rival St. Marys on Tuesday at Cardinal Gymnasium. The Cardinals used long service runs to come away with . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Love stronger than nature's frailties
• Cooper Farms shows continued growth
• Design plans advance for sewer separation
• Rockford council seeks funds from Community Development Block Grant
• Storm sewers to be repaired
• Laurels may hook into town's water system
• Wandering county home resident found on Main street in Celina
• Blues may be coming to town
• Local bank offices getting new name
• Flyers survive threat from Tigers
• If you are 2-0, feel good about your shot for postseason
• St. Marys scores early and shuts out Defiance
• Coldwater coasts to three-game win over Wapak
Helen L. Colvin, St. Marys, died late in the evening of Sept. 5, 2006, at Valley Nursing Home & Rehab Center, St. Marys. Arrangements are pending at Miller-Long & Folk Funeral Home High Street Chapel, St. Marys. . . .
Mary Ellen Darnell-Schneider, 73, 1245 Knoxville Ave., St. Marys, died at 8:10 p.m. Sept. 3, 2006, at her residence. She was born Jan. 13, 1933, in Celina, to Dee and Marie Felver Now. On Aug. 2, 1986, she married David Schneid . . .
Marjorie A. "Marge" Klingshirn, 70, 604 N. Woodview Drive, Coldwater, died at 11:27 p.m. Sept. 4, 2006, at University Medical Center of Ohio, Toledo. She was born March 2, 1936, in Coldwater, to Orlando and Leona Buschur Beckma . . .
Paul May Jr., 56, 300 Bruns Ave., Celina, died at 2:30 a.m. Sept. 2, 2006, at Miami Valley Hospital, Dayton. Death was due to a massive stroke. He was born Feb. 10, 1950, in Celina, to Paul P. and Bernice V. Forwerck May Sr, wh . . .
Alice S. Shinn, 88, 637 W. Fulton St., Celina, died early morning today Sept. 6, 2006, at Miller House, Celina. She was born Feb. 14, 1918, in Celina, to Charles and Laura Bollenbacher Alt. She married Vernon Shinn, who died Fe . . .
Kathleen S. Wangler, 48, of Lima, died at 5:54 a.m. Sept. 4, 2006, at Lima Memorial Hospital. Cause of death is under investigation. She was born May 12, 1958, in Coldwater, to Elmer J. and Sara McGill Schlarman, who survive in . . .