Friday, January 19th, 2007 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
An advisory committee working on the proposal for a new county jail has recommended that Mercer County commissioners put a 1/2 percent sales tax to pay for construction of a new jail before voters in the November election. The1 . . .
The green light was given this week for a nearly $3 million construction project at Mercer County Community Hospital in Coldwater. Mercer Health Board of Trustees approved final design plans during a meeting this week, paving t . . .
COLDWATER - Don't look now, but it appears that Coldwater may have been able to turn its season around. Well, at least they got a good start on a possible turnaround with a 49-47 upset victory over state-ranked New Knoxville on . . .
Some area Catholic parishes now led by Precious Blood priests will likely be administered by the Archdiocese of Cincinnati in the near future as clergy shortages continue. The dilemma of priest shortages has hit all religious o . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Campground proposal draws crowd to meeting
• Project plans move forward
• Drug and firearm charges filed after traffic stops
• Condition of priest injured in accident improves
• Woman's condition remains critical following accident
• Celina escapes Elida with a one-point overtime triumph
• Experience prevails for Cavs
• Versailles gets win over heavyweight
• Blue Jays are still unblemished