Wednesday, April 11th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A sloppy showing in pregame carried over into the game for Celina in its Western Buckeye League opener against St. Marys on Tuesday. The Roughriders picked up two unearned runs in the first frame before adding two insurance run . . .
ROCKFORD - Parkway Music Boosters have asked Parkway Local Schools board of education to name the new school's auditorium the Richard A. Sherrick auditorium in honor of the long-time band and choir director who is retiring this y . . .
FORT RECOVERY - The middle school will host the first annual Gateway Technology Summer Camp from July 9 to July 13 to engage students with science, technology and engineering. During the regular meeting Tuesday night, Middle S . . .
A 32-year-old Sidney man is expected to enter guilty pleas to charges of aggravated murder, kidnapping and rape in Shelby County Common Pleas Court on Thursday afternoon. Chris Harris, who has confessed to committing offenses t . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Bids are high but Rockford still planning street project
• Neighbors expect demolition of Bremen homes by Crown
• Officials seek grant for downtown revitalization
• BOE discusses future improvements
• Council members approve annexation of 7.4 acres
• eBay store opens in Rockford
• Celina baseball gets run-ruled by St. Marys
• St. Henry posts shutout in MAC opener
• Coldwater rides Slavik and Schoenherr to win
• Minster continues strong start to the season
Rev. Anthony Gamble, 93, of St. Charles Center, Carthagena, died at 3 a.m. April 8, 2007, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Death was due to complications following surgery. He was born Sept. 12, 1913, in Auburn, . . .
Linda Campbell Kirsch, 60, formerly of Rockford, died April 9, 2007. Death was due to an automobile accident near Birmingham, Ala. Arrangements are pending at Ketcham-Ripley Funeral Home, Rockford. . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4