Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
There are 100 games throughout the season that can affect a team's computer points. The 10 games the team plays, and the nine other games each of their opponents play the rest of the season. After the seventh week of the seaso . . .
Local officials are not yet concerned about epizootic hemorrhagic disease (EHD), a common white-tailed deer virus found in Ohio cattle for the first time in August, but agree producers should be aware of it. "I've had no calls . . .
A group has formed to challenge the proposed ethanol plant to be built between Celina and St. Marys. Citizens Acting Responsibly for the Environment (CARE) - organized by Jill Myers and Pam Hudson, both of Celina, and Margi Mou . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Celina councilors may hike own pay
• Voters to pick leaders in Jackson, Salem and Washington townships
• Mayor to write letter in support of liquor license
• State officials choose local MR/DD administrator to work at state level
• Officials taking time to close down power plant
• Financial forecast looks toward the red
• Celina council agrees to replace boiler burner
• Apparent drug overdose causes local man's death
• EQIP funds available to Mercer County farmers
• Lehman takes down Parkway in three games
• Easy win for Minster in three games
Fort Recovery native Theodore J. Kneisly, 60, of Berne, Ind., died at 6:36 p.m. Oct. 5, 2007, at Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind. The cause of death was not available. He was born June 18, 1947, in Fort Recovery, to John E. . . .
Donald K. Ruley, 82, South Main Street, Minster, died Oct. 7, 2007, at his home. He was born April 7, 1925, in Minster, to Joseph "Cape" and Luella A. Steinecker Ruley. Surviving are three brothers, Norman W. (Sarah), Vernon . . .
Ruth I. Tinnerman, 89, of West Milton, died Oct. 8, 2007, at Upper Valley Medical Center, Troy. She was born Jan. 27, 1918, near Spencerville, to Owen Vern "O.V." and Mary Mahalia "Molly" Sherer Cisco. On Feb. 5, 1938, she marr . . .
John E. Wissman, 81, 29 S. Herman St., New Bremen, died at 3:45 p.m. Oct. 8, 2007, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born April 8, 1926, in New Bremen, to Irvin and Clara Neuman Wissman. On Aug. 6 . . .
Monday, February 20
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17
Friday, February 17