Tuesday, February 12th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Ella Steele counts herself lucky that two men from down the street smelled smoke around 9 a.m. this morning and rescued her from her burning mobile home at Mercelina trailer park. The 84-year-old was sitting at her kitchen tabl . . .
The Celina girls basketball team ended a 17-year drought on Monday night at the Fieldhouse. Celina put four girls in double figures and held off Ottawa-Glandorf for a 52-45 win, earning the Bulldogs a share of the Western Bucke . . .
ST. MARYS - Last week's flooding of the St. Marys River brought with it a leak from an old underground fuel tank. Ohio EPA, the county emergency management office and the city fire department are working together to figure out wh . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Software blamed for tax bill errors in Mercer County
• Coldwater's wastewater treatment plant holds up under recent flood
• Celina woman admits to assault on police officers
• Illegal gun owner faces time in prison
• Board reviews possible summer projects
• City officials want to reconstruct Market Street
• Purchase of sewer camera will save city money
• Farmers can apply for low interest loans for equipment
• Celina's success rests on emphasis of team game
• Strong start pushes Flyers past Big Green
Victor Frederick Fledderjohann, 87, 10876 state Route 66, St. Marys, died at 5:45 a.m. Feb. 11, 2008, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Jan. 12, 1921, in rural New Knoxville, to Frederick A. a . . .
The Rev. Francis Kinney, 86, died at 8:15 p.m. Feb. 9, 2008, in the infirmary at St. Charles Center, Carthagena. He was born Nov. 8, 1921, in Ironton, to Francis and Norma Eberfeld Kinney. Survivors are three sisters, Sister . . .
Edgar A. Moorman, 81, 919 W. Vine St., Coldwater, died at 4:30 p.m. Feb. 10, 2008, at his residence. He was born July 31, 1926, in Coldwater, to Ferd and Cecilia Weyer Moorman. On April 25, 1945, he married Rosemary J. Hein, wh . . .