Tuesday, December 22nd, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The city of Celina likely will accept the low bid of $308,639 from Bruns Building & Development Corporation, Celina, for construction of the next phase of the walkway along West Bank Road. The city initially estimated the const . . .
Without a budget, a venue or cooks, a Rockford church embarked on an idea to feed - at no cost - anyone in need of a meal or companionship on Christmas Day. That was four years ago and much has changed. That first year in 2005, . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Eminent domain matter still on council's table
• Council prepares to hear parking legislation
• Local contractors chosen for Osgood sewer construction
• St. Henry school to unveil newly-revised Web site
• Chief secures grant to upgrade voice logger
• Unemployment rate listed as one of lowest in Ohio
• Buzzer-beater sparks Fort Recovery to win
• Flyers win on the road over the Wildkittens
• FSA county committee members elected in Mercer, Auglaize counties
Arlington B. Abels, 86, 514 N. Seventh St., Coldwater, died at 11:20 a.m. Dec. 21, 2009, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. He was born March 6, 1923, in Coldwater, to John and Christine Uppenkamp Abels. On Nov. 16, 1979, he marr . . .
Simion Androne, 80, 141 Watkins Road, Fort Recovery, died Dec. 22, 2009, at his residence. Arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home, Fort Recovery. . . .
Bill Burden Sr., 76, 591 Locust St., St. Marys, died at 1 p.m. Dec. 20, 2009, at his residence. He was born Nov. 12, 1933, in Wapakoneta, to Vernon and Agnes Winemiller Burden. On March 9, 1957, he married Edythe Triplett, who . . .
Thomas A. Hull, 43, 1821 St. Augustine St., Fort Recovery, died Dec. 19, 2009, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Death was due to an apparent heart attack. He was born July 30, 1966, in Celina to Norman "Buzz" Jr. . . .