Friday, April 16th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - A yellow flag emblazoned with "Don't Tread on Me" and signs stating "you can't fix stupid, but you can vote them out" and "proud member of the angry mob" were waved on Thursday afternoon in downtown St. Marys. "Gove . . .
ROCKFORD - The Parkway softball team played their first game on a new home field and the Panthers looked more than comfortable in their new surroundings. Parkway belted 23 hits and took advantage of 12 Coldwater errors en route . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Local professionals get technology savvy
• Celina Manor plans renovation
• Roads set for paving this summer
• Council approves vacating alleys by Mercer Landmark
• Local church to add nearly half million dollar addition
• St. Henry rallies past Marion Local
• Panthers sweep quadrangular meet
Robert O. Kanney Sr., 80, 402 N. Eastern Ave., St. Henry, died April 15, 2010, at his home. He was born Aug. 11, 1929, in Coldwater, to Aloysius and Alvina Braun Kanney. On Sept. 30, 1950, he married Dorothy Drees, who survives . . .
Former Celina resident Dr. Mahmood Mir, 79, of Del Mar, Calif., died March 30, 2010, at San Diego Hospice. He was born Oct. 15, 1930, in Shiraz, Iran, to Mir Abootaleb Mir and Shams Khavari. He married Beverley Schrag, who surv . . .