Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - More than a dozen people claim to be sick due to exposure to toxins in Grand Lake, although officials say they may never be able to confirm the link. Grand Lake is one of three in Ohio with posted health advisories . . .
The villages of Rockford and Mendon have been awarded $873,000 in federal grants through the Water and Sanitary Sewer Program for new water lines. "It's exciting - two villages getting two big grants," said Jared Ebbing, direct . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Debate over waterfowl numbers
• Link between toxins, dead and ill dogs uncertain
• Voters to decide fate of high school project in Fort Recovery
• Mini mammals migrate to Moon City
• Cost of street reconstruction steeper than first thought
• Phone scam circulating
• Block grant awarded to Mendon
• Thieves enter garages while homeowners sleep
• Driver arrested after fleeing accident
• Women injured in accident
• Fitness center now in new building
• Kremer to play baseball with brother at Defiance
• Painter lone Mariner named all-GLSCL
Rita M. Jutte, 87, Fort Recovery, died Aug. 3, 2010, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. Funeral arrangements are pending at Brockman-Boeckman Funeral Home in Fort Recovery. . . .
Betty E. Elson, 77, Fort Recovery, died Aug. 3, 2010, at St. Rita's Medical Center in Lima. She was born March 31, 1933, in Darke County to Earl H. and Verna Duvall Arnett. On Aug. 14, 1971, she married Erie C. Elson, who survi . . .
St. Marys native Raymond L. Kleinhenz Jr., 79, of Hudson, died at 3:25 a.m. Aug. 3, 2010, at Akron General Medical Center. He was born Feb. 1, 1931, in St. Marys, to Raymond and Mabel Klosterman Kleinhenz. He married Norma Jean . . .
Elmer J. Schlarman, 76, Celina, died at 1:40 a.m. Aug. 4, 2010, at the Ohio State University Hospital in Columbus. Funeral arrangements are pending at Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home in Celina. . . .
Robert A. "Bob" Heitz, 84, Wapakoneta, died at 9:30 a.m. Aug. 2, 2010, at his home. He was born May 16, 1926, in Fort Jennings to Otto and Rose Stauterman Heitz. On June 29, 1949, he married Dorothy Kaverman, who survives. Al . . .
Mostly cloudy, snow
Mostly cloudy, snow