Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
GRAND LAKE - The lake doesn't look good. Blue-green algae toxin levels recorded in recent weeks were the highest they've been all year, and much of the Celina shoreline was coated with slimy growth on Tuesday. Ohio EPA spokes . . .
FORT RECOVERY - Board of education members took steps Tuesday night to fire a high school teacher indicted on three counts of sexual battery involving a former student. Superintendent Shelly Vaughn recommended the termination o . . .
CELINA - Students had the opportunity to meet and network with local business people at a recent expo. Chambers of commerce for Celina, Fort Recovery, Rockford, St. Henry, St. Marys and Southwest Auglaize County sponsored the e . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Gasoline not cheap for holiday travelers
• Local man $1 million richer after scratching winning lottery ticket
• Murder suspect still on the run
• Appeals court upholds grandson's murder conviction
• Auto business transfers ownership, county loan
• Students taught goodwill through program
• Village finishing repair work from June storm
• Rockford council cancels meeting
• Chicago concert blows audience away
• McComb standing in the way of Flyers returning to state title game
Pennie Lynn Sheets-Sanderson, 47, Rockford, died at 1:54 a.m. Nov. 20, 2012, at the James Cancer Center, Ohio State University. She was born Jan. 29, 1965, in Lima to Luella "Derb" Vogt Sheets. On Oct. 20, 2000, she married Wil . . .
Barbara M. Dameron, 75, Coldwater, died Nov. 19, 2012, at the Gardens, Celina. She was born April 26, 1937, in Celina to Edward and Odelia Bomholt Smelser. Surviving are four children, Vicki (Mark) Johnston, Van Wert, Michael . . .
Rickey Isbell, 45, St. Marys, died at 3:05 a.m. Nov. 21, 2012, in the emergency department at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys, is handling arrangements. . . .
William F. Now, 84, Rockford, died Nov. 20, 2012, at Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne, Ind. Ketcham-Ripley Funeral Home, Rockford, is handling arrangements. . . .