Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Voters in Mercer and Auglaize counties came out in droves to participate in the presidential election, either casting early absentee ballots or going to the polls Tuesday. Auglaize County may have had its highest turnout ever a . . .
Two new faces and an incumbent will fill clerk of court and recorder positions in Mercer and Auglaize counties. In Mercer County, recorder Tammy Barger, a Democrat, was ousted by newcomer Angie King, a Republican. Barger, of . . .
CELINA - School district residents overwhelmingly denied a bond issue that would have built a new elementary school. Nearly 68 percent of voters - or 5,806 people - living in the Celina school district voted against the levy, a . . .
ST. HENRY - Village officials this morning axed the idea for a new swimming pool and will look elsewhere for needed operating funds after voters nixed a permanent 1/2 percent income tax increase. "We're obviously disappointed," . . .
A Fort Recovery High School teacher was arrested Tuesday afternoon on a sex-related charge involving a former student. Christopher Alan Summers, 32, 671 Woodlawn Ave., St. Henry, faces one count of sexual battery, a third-degre . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• All township fire protection levies pass
• Local Republicans win re-election
• Former police officer charged
• Incumbent congressmen keep seats
• Mendon levy undeclared, Fort passes two
• Celina business snags grandstand fix contract
• Auglaize County officials courting auto, food processing businesses
• Minster projects to slow down, official says
• Coldwater students' D.C. trip rescheduled
• Old structures on First Street slated for demolition
• Dollar General likely in Rockford
• Changes likely for Lake Festival
• Flyers excited to be playing against Bucks
Monday, October 20
Monday, October 20
Saturday, October 18