Wednesday, February 13th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Cuts loom for certain area preschool programs despite Gov. John Kasich's recent promise to bolster such funding. Kasich's two-year budget proposal shows the special education preschool programs offered through the Mercer and Au . . .
ROCKFORD - Nearly 50 residents attended a meeting held Tuesday by a group opposing wind turbines in northern Mercer County. Most at the meeting simply asked questions. Neighbors United co-chair Pete Hayes told the crowd at leas . . .
CELINA - A 21-0 run by Celina's girls basketball team during the middle two quarters helped the Bulldogs wrap up the home portion of their schedule with a 70-49 victory over Fort Recovery on Thursday night at the Fieldhouse. C . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Costs may rise locally with health mandates
• Voting site may leave school
• New business district closer to realization
• Couple face arrest for failing sewage system
• New lights, solar panels save school money
• Bubble diffusing tube to be installed at hot water hole
• Council members approve purchase of diesel generator
• Trees downed due to infestation
• Village offers reward for vandalism information
• School members approves new provider for D.C. trip
• New mental health office specializes in care for underserved rural areas
• Geiger scores 25 in Minster's win
Joseph W. "Joe" Pickering, 86, Wapakoneta, died at 1:15 p.m. Feb. 12, 2013, at Lima Memorial Health System. Bayliff & Eley Funeral Home in Wapakoneta is handling arrangements. . . .
Helen Ralston, 98, St. Marys, died Feb. 10, 2013, at St. Marys Living Center. Miller Funeral Homes in St. Marys is handling arrangements. . . .
Robert M. Hawk, 87, Celina, died at 3:10 p.m. Feb. 10, 2013, at Colonial Nursing Home, Rockford. He was born July 29, 1925, in Rockford, to Carl and Catherine Smalley Hawk. On April 21, 1946, he married Doris C. "Judy" Ferguson . . .
Doris C. "Judy" Hawk, 89, Celina, died at 10:25 p.m. Feb. 8, 2013, at Colonial Nursing Home, Rockford. She was born Aug. 7, 1923, in Canton, to Earl T. and Emma Rolli Ferguson. On April 21, 1946, she married Robert Hawk, who di . . .
Saturday, March 25
Saturday, March 25
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, February 4