Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - Local attorney Kathryn Speelman on Tuesday scored a convincing victory over rival Celina Law Director George Moore in the Republican primary for Celina Municipal Court judge, garnering almost 75 percent of the total vote . . .
CELINA - Voters in the New Bremen school district approved the construction of a new school building while Marion Township voters approved a fire improvement replacement levy. The 7.46-mill New Bremen schools construction levy . . .
A 30-year-old Celina woman was killed when the car in which she was a passenger collided with a straight truck at the intersection of U.S. 33 and U.S. 127 on Tuesday afternoon. Brandi M. Duke became the first traffic fatality . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Merchants want drinks allowed at events
• Celina graduate, TV host urges teens to set life goals
• Council OKs new solar energy field
• LFA approves bid for treatment train work
• Rockford council passes ordinance to vacate alley
• Fair board approaches goal for sponsorships
• Typical Tuesday
• Lonsway delivers as Dogs top Cougars
• Bulldogs in lead at county meet
• Move sparks sales boost