Friday, April 20th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
TIPP CITY - President George W. Bush's foreign policy is dictated by the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, he said Thursday. Bush spoke at Tippecanoe High School in Tipp City at the invitation of businessman Steve Bruns, a M . . .
City police continue to interview students and process evidence following the bomb threat at Celina Middle School on Thursday morning. When the student responsible is identified, the school district will take action according t . . .
After a tough loss on Tuesday to Shawnee, Celina needed a boost to get back to winning ways. Jeremy Kerr provided the boost, firing a three-hit shutout as the Bulldogs downed Marion Local 6-0 at Montgomery Field. Celina improve . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Issues discussed
• Teen parents take baby and run
• Fort Recovery student art on display
• Loan is approved for Rockford soybean plant
• Deputies searching Mercer County property for drugs
• Man pleads innocent to assaulting officers
• Trying to get canal path walkers
• Area radio station opens its new door to the public
• Homan fires no-no for Celina softball
• Cavaliers put an end to recent slide
Leroy S. Felver, 80, 114 N. Pine St., St. Marys, died at 3:39 p.m. April 19, 2007, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .
Former Celina resident John J. Siefring, 69, 8974 Linksway Drive, Columbus, died April 18, 2007, at Crown Point Nursing Home, Columbus. He was born Aug. 27, 1937, in St. Marys, to John J. and Rosa Elizabeth Kramer Siefring Sr. . . .