Wednesday, July 29th, 2015 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - The state health department on Tuesday recommended the public have no contact with Grand Lake's water due to increased levels of microcystin toxin and a probable case of illness reported early last month. The "eleva . . .
CELINA - The Lake Facilities Authority Board of Directors on Tuesday accepted a bid of $1.79 million from VTF Excavation of Celina to begin work on the Coldwater Creek treatment train project. "This is huge," said Milt Miller, . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Celina council advances measure to allow use of funds for street repair
• Mediator called into Celina teacher contract negotiations
• Celina council tables drone legislation
• City plans stricter enforcement against accumulation of junk
• Celina mother charged in near-drowning incident
• Local man faces sex charge
• St. Marys school officials pursue plan to upgrade technology for district students
• Auglaize County commissioners tout need for sales tax renewal
• Mariners head to playoffs
Jean E. Bruns, age 88, a resident of Briarwood Manor, Coldwater, and formerly of Chickasaw, passed away peacefully in the early morning hours of Tuesday, July 28, 2015. She was born, the oldest of eleven children, on February 1 . . .
Carol J. (Peterman) Cathcart, of Saint Marys, died July 28, 2015, from a long-standing illness. She was married to Larry Cathcart, who preceded her in death. Per Carol's request, graveside interment rites will be held 11:00 A . . .
Carol A. Huber Longsworth, 70, Van Wert, died unexpectedly on July 28, 2015, at Van Wert County Hospital, Van Wert. Arrangements are pending at Cowan & Son Funeral Home, Van Wert. . . .
Cora Lynn Palequin, infant daughter of Andrew and Dianna (Schwegman) Palequin, was born into the arms of angels on July 21, 2015. She was surrounded by love and has forever changed the hearts of all those who knew her. In addit . . .
Edith Mae Gillespie, age 91, of Celina, Ohio passed away at 1:34 p.m. on Saturday July 25, 2015 at the Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center in Toledo. She was born on Oct. 13, 1923 in York Township, Van Wert County, Ohio to the lat . . .
Raymond A. Heiser, 68, Minster, died on July 27, 2015, at his home. Services are 7 p.m. Friday at Full Gospel Community Church, Sidney, the Rev. Jeff Hill officiating. Calling is 4-7 p.m. Friday at the church. Memorials ma . . .