Friday, May 27th, 2016 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MERCER - Bob Maurer, a proud Vietnam War veteran, knows he's lucky to have made it back home. To honor those who didn't, he will travel to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. Maurer, 69, Mercer, participates in . . .
CLAYTON - It's tough for any team to come back after falling into an early hole. New Bremen tried, but was unable to counter Houston's hot start as the Wildcats defeated the Cardinals 6-2 in the Division IV regional softball s . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Construction underway for FFA building at fairgrounds
• County OKs sheriff's purchase of K-9 unit
• Minster graduation slated for Sunday
• 155 St. Marys grads to receive diplomas
• Celina board approves purchase of electronic devices for students
• Fort supplemental contracts OK'd
• Indians hold on to defeat Pilots 7-5
• Dennis to play volleyball for University of Rio Grande
• St. Marys' McVety qualifies for state
Howard O. Germann, 85, St. Marys, Ohio died 1:03 a.m. Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at his residence surrounded by his children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren following an extended illness. He was born September 28, 1930 in rur . . .
Eric F. "A'Roc" Wissman, 38, Decatur, Indiana, passed away at his residence on May 24, 2016. He was born on November 28, 1977 in San Antonio, Texas to Dale J. Wissman and Nancy A. Grieshop. On July 23, 2016, he was planning to . . .
Mary Ann Weir, age 93 of Celina, Ohio passed away on Thursday May 19, 2016 at Heartland of Centerville Nursing Home in Dayton. She was born on Feb. 21, 1923 in Celina, Ohio to the late Noah & Fairel (Houts) Shiverdecker. Sh . . .