Wednesday, June 20th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
MARIA STEIN - A new 50-foot tall steel cross erected Tuesday was built as a spiritual landmark for generations to come. The 11,000-pound cross, made of shiny stainless steel, was a gift to the Spiritual Center of Maria Stein al . . .
Three area men face charges after they allegedly climbed the Chickasaw water tower early Sunday morning and then left the scene before authorities arrived. Mercer County Sheriff's deputies responded to a call at 3:55 a.m. but f . . .
Just two days after its best offensive game of the summer, Grand Lake was handcuffed by Lake Erie on Tuesday evening. The Mariners were shut out for the first six innings before falling to the Monarchs, 6-2, in Great Lakes Sum . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Mendon man's license suspended
• Looking for funds to float law enforcement boathouse
• Zoning board approves improvements at complex
• BOE seeks public input on policy
• Village water usage nearly doubles
• Sidney man is denied release from prison for stabbing St. Marys man
• Leadership group visits five Mercer County businesses
• Celina man is charged with hurting 1-year-old son
• Celina ACME halts three-game skid
• Krauss, Stalter off to good start this summer
• Parkway hands Bath a defeat
Mary M. Danaher, 81, 126 Ohio Street, St. Marys, died at 10:40 a.m. June 19, 2007, at Valley Nursing Home, St. Marys. She was born Oct. 11, 1925, in St. Marys, to Elmer and Mary White Youngs. On May 3, 1947, she married John B. . . .
Larry D. Haffey, 50, 307 N. Brandon Ave., Celina, died at 12:34 p.m. June 18, 2007, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Death was due to cancer. He was born June 28, 1956, in Waukegan, Ill., to Wilbur D. an . . .
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, May 23