Tuesday, June 24th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW BREMEN - Tim Kuenning ponders the mammoth log that stood straight and tall before settlers came to this part of Ohio. Beneath the rugged bark he sees a majestic 8-foot eagle with wings spread in flight and talons holding an A . . .
ST. HENRY - St. Henry used a six-run outburst in the third inning to pull away and run-rule Celina 12-2 in five innings in Mercer County ACME circuit action on Monday at the Wally Post Athletic Complex. Just a few days after be . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Taser gun gets first Celina use in assault case
• Highway enhancement project underway
• Gas prices affect cost of salt
• Fuel prices concern Celina BOE
• Council agrees to help fund regatta
• Gehret is elected state FFA officer
• Nominations sought for county committee FSA elections
• Parkway begins grueling stretch with twinbill sweep
• Marion Local takes out Versailles in five
Catherine M. "Katie" Ragle, 91, 209 N. Enterprise St., Celina, died June 22, 2008, at the residence of her niece, Lana Dalley, with whom she made her home. She was born Jan. 14, 1917, in Cincinnati, to Robert and Johanna Hopste . . .
Seranus V. "Si" Seitz, 91, of Coldwater, died at 7:30 p.m. June 22, 2008, at his residence. He was born on Feb. 7, 1917, in Cranberry Prairie, to John and Clara Steinbrunner Seitz. On June 15, 1946, he married Dolores Huelsman . . .
Emma Jean Thatcher, 76, of Elgin, died at 2 a.m. June 23, 2008, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. She was born Jan. 10, 1932, in Adams County, Ind.. to John Lewis and Nellie Edith Click Switzer. On July 2, 1952, she married S . . .
Monday, August 25
Monday, August 25
Sunday, August 24