Saturday, October 25th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A new senior citizen apartment complex could open in a portion of the former Mersman factory site on Wayne Street by the end of 2009. The Celina Planning Commission approved a site plan review for Mackinaw of Celina United Part . . .
COLDWATER - In the final regular season tuneup before the playoffs, Coldwater scored on its first six possessions and the Cavalier defense shut down the New Bremen offense en route to a 38-0 win at Cavalier Stadium. The win not . . .
ST. HENRY - It was a like a first-round playoff game in St. Henry as the Redskins tried to keep alive its slim playoff hopes while the Minster Wildcats could earn a playoff berth win a win. Both teams played tight, turnover-free . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Portions sold for residential development
• Watershed group approved for $96,000 ODNR grant
• Two vying for Auglaize Co. coroner spot
• Vote yes on Issue 5
• Coldwater, St. Marys and Marion make the playoffs
• Defiance grinds out win on the ground
• Roughriders one of four teams to win the WBL
• Flyers likely to get a another shot at Anna
• Second-quarter burst keys Blue Jays win
• Parkway ends season with victory over Versailles
Gary W. Frey, 61, 1429 James Drive, Celina, died at 9:40 a.m. Oct. 24, 2008, in the emergency department at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Death was due to natural causes. He was born Dec. 31, 1946, in Li . . .
Former Celina resident Ruth L. Huelsman, 87, Urbana, died Oct. 23, 2008, at McAuley Center, Urbana. She was born Nov. 15, 1920, in Fort Recovery, to Ed and Elva Jones Willmann. On Sept. 28, 1940, she married Cy Huelsman, who di . . .
Thursday, March 6
Tuesday, March 4