Friday, December 12th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Officials are pleased with the progress made so far on the nearly $12 million jail being built west of Celina. Contractors, architects and Mercer County commissioners met Thursday at the site along state Route 29 to hear the we . . .
The cost of carbon, which is the main ingredient in the city's new water treatment process, has doubled due to what Celina Safety Service Director Jeff Hazel calls the China-effect. The significant inflation has led city offici . . .
MARIA STEIN - The Minster Wildcats used a huge second quarter and big plays down the stretch to pull off a 50-46 win over the Marion Local Flyers at The Hangar on Thursday night in the Midwest Athletic Conference opener for both . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Board to threaten action over dairy's pollution
• Fort Recovery man pleads guilty in assault case
• County liability for rabies shots questioned
• Coldwater police hunting for information about vandalism to traffic lights
• Wanted, dead or alive
• Bulldogs grab grappling bragging rights over Cavs
• WBL slate starts well for Celina, St. Marys
• Fort Recovery defense leads the way to road victory for the Indians
Thomas Edward Brandt, 82, of Willshire, died at 4:10 a.m. Dec. 11, 2008, at his residence. He was born Sept. 15, 1926, to Louis Ernest and Bernice Marie Colter Brandt. On Feb. 18, 1951, he married Dorothy Jane Rupert, who died . . .
Mendon native Dorothy R. Felver McCullough, 90, 768 Holly St., Lima, died at 4:42 p.m. Dec. 10, 2008, at the Ridge of Shawnee. She was born June 17, 1918, in Mendon, to Douglas and Ida Summers Hook. On May 30, 1937, she married . . .
Former New Bremen resident Margaret A. Pape, 90, died at 4:50 p.m. Dec. 11, 2008, at Heritage Manor Nursing Center, Minster. Arrangements are pending at Gilberg-Hartwig Funeral Home, New Bremen. . . .