Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A Michigan-based company is seeking locally-produced chicken manure and wastewater in order to produce biodiesel fuel. Ron Meyer, representing Optional Energy Partners (OEP), pitched a proposal to Mercer County commissioners Tu . . .
A blaze, apparently started in the wake of a domestic altercation, destroyed at Minster-area cottage Tuesday morning. Six fire departments from Auglaize and Shelby counties braved cold wind chill temperatures to fight the fire. . . .
A dominating second-half performance by the Celina girls basketball team turned a one-point lead at halftime into a comfortable Bulldogs win. Celina outscored Marion Local 28-13 in the second half for a convincing 59-43 victory . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Principal conducting final months in post
• Second phase of loop project on hold until 2009 budget finalized
• Globus Printing to purchase land in Minster industrial park
• Home, vehicle thefts reported
• Assault charges land Celina man in jail
• Celina man jailed for domestic violence
• Farm Bill meetings planned
• St. Henry loses for the first time
• Panthers pick up second win of the year