Wednesday, March 18th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Dozens of community leaders gathered in Celina on Tuesday morning to kick off a project to improve the area's high-speed Internet access and usage. The meeting in the Central Services Building was led by a member of Connect Ohi . . .
The sign for the future home of the local ethanol plant is down. The local telephone is disconnected and the former office is closed. But Mercer Energy's CEO is optimistic for the future. CEO Ryan Schwieterman on Tuesday said, . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Dead fish make visit memorable
• Celina High School student council makes bid to host 2010 state conference
• Council takes the plunge to install new baby pool
• A grand opening in Fort Recovery for grocery store
• Final cheers and goodbye tears for Stott
• Redskins' Bruns to play baseball for Falcons at BGSU
• St. Henry's Rindler will compete at collegiate level
• Timmerman and Snyder receive all-state honors
Robert G. Fischer, 72, 205 ThornLocust Lane, London, and formerly of Celina, died at 8:15 p.m. March 12, 2009, at the Arbors at London Nursing Home. He was born Feb. 11, 1937, in Celina to Paul L. and Rosellen M. Ott Fischer. . . .
Fred E. Grimm, 89, 6216 Morrow Road, Celina, died March 16, 2009, at his residence. He was born Dec. 21, 1919, in Celina to Delmer and Mildred West Grimm. On June 14, 1942, he married Margaret Williams, who survives. Other su . . .
Clarence F. Poeppelman, 87, of Versailles, died at 9:23 a.m. March 17, 2009, at his residence. He was born on Nov. 14, 1921, in Osgood to Bernard and Rosa Arling Poeppelman. On Oct. 29, 1949, he married his first wife, Mary Ri . . .
Pamela K. Wenning, 55, 8555 Superior Drive, Maria Stein, died at 9:26 p.m. March 15, 2009, at her home. Death was due to natural causes. She was born Oct. 15, 1953, in Coldwater to Stanley and Agnes Miller Bruns. Her mother sur . . .