Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Homan's Gun Shop
Reflections Hair Studio
Wednesday, May 13th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Big dogs. Little dogs. Black dogs. White dogs. Go, dogs, go to the new park by the lake. Local dogs now have a 3.7-acre fenced area at the state park off West Bank Road to run, bark, chase each other or take a nap in the sun. O . . .
COLDWATER - Two varsity girls sports, bowling and soccer, will be instituted in the upcoming school year at Coldwater schools in an attempt to make the school compliant with Title IX, a federal law that prohibits gender discrimin . . .
NEW BREMEN - The Parkway Panthers scored twice in the bottom of the ninth to snatch a 3-2 win in Division IV sectional finals action over the Marion Local Flyers on Tuesday afternoon at New Bremen High School. With the win, Par . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• New middle school principal hired
• Chef cooks up a healthy future for stroke patients
• Five-year financial forecast OK for now
• Shinn Brothers in line to win contract
• Commencement services to be held Sunday at 1 p.m
• Renewal levy to appear at November polls
• JFS taps four to enhance public communication
• New Celina store for the collector
• Aiming to restore well being
• Coldwater clinches at least a share of 25th MAC baseball crown
• Boys race tight with Minster and New Bremen; Versailles leading the girls
JoAnn Roberts, 73, of rural Spencerville, died at 11:40 a.m. May 11, 2009, at her home. She was born March 3, 1936, in Delphos, to Edwin and Lela Putman Lindeman. On May 19, 1956, she married Richard J. Roberts, who survives. . . .
Mark B. Sheffer, 49, 6676 E. State Road 26, Portland, Ind., died at 11:26 p.m. May 11, 2009, at Jay County Hospital, Portland, of injuries sustained in a backhoe accident at his residence. He was born Sept. 3, 1959, in Celina t . . .
Joseph Silvers, 87, 1114 Robin Road, St. Marys, died at 11:17 p.m. May 12, 2009, at Otterbein St. Marys Retirement Community. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Paul Studer, 89, 537 Touvelle St., Celina, died May 11, 2009, at Exceptional Living Center, Brazil, Ind. He was born Oct. 30, 1919, in St. Henry, to Peter and Emma Behrems Studer. He married Marie Dahlinghaus in 1946, and she d . . .