Friday, December 11th, 2009 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Work has abruptly stopped on the construction of a 32-unit senior citizen apartment complex on the old Mersman property in Celina. And most likely, it will not resume until the beginning of February, Robert Hellmuth, president . . .
MINSTER - The Marion Local Flyers dominated the boards and put on a deadly display from the charity stripe to record their first win on the young season with a 51-42 victory over the Minster Wildcats. The Flyers had lost their . . .
A Celina family will be hanging their Christmas stockings elsewhere this year after fire early today destroyed the place they called home. The blaze at the home of Robert III and Jamie Hampshire, 6954 state Route 118, west of C . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• MC health board stews over wording in landfill document
• Officials happy with low bids for sewer project
• Citizen tries to stop cut in Walker's hours
• Man dies of gunshot wound to head
• Auglaize County environmental director bidding farewell
• Care tips for your Norfolk pine
• Bulldogs dominate third quarter
• Blue Jays pull away in second half
• Indians dominate play in first half
• St. Henry and Versailles pick up MAC wins
Gary G. Nash, 64, 6700 state Route 219, Celina, died Dec. 8, 2009, at his residence. According to the Mercer County Sheriff's Office, death was due to an apparent suicide. He was born June 29, 2009, in Norwood to Harold F. and . . .
Graveside services for Jerry Newland are 10:30 a.m. Monday at Ellis Cemetery, Montezuma, the Rev. Lynn Huffman officiating. Contributions can be made to Jerry's Memorial Fund in care of Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, C . . .
Christine L. Smith, 37, 506 Cleveland Ave., St. Marys, died Dec. 7, 2009, in Jane, Mo. Death was due to natural causes. She was born Oct. 23, 1972, in St. Marys to Arthur K. and Ramona M. Chilcoat Cook, who survive in St. Marys . . .