Monday, May 3rd, 2010 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Buoyed by recent donations totaling $75,000 from two area agricultural businesses, the Grand Lake Restoration Initiative has collected almost $450,000 to test sediment removal technology in the lake. Fundraising chairman Milt M . . .
NEW BREMEN - With conference track meets coming up in just over a week, area teams gathered at Cardinal Field in New Bremen for the 10th annual Cardinal Invitational. While Northwest Conference power Spencerville picked up the . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Local voters may face poll challenge
• Winter in Mercer, Auglaize counties stressful for bees
• Celina Police investigating
• Park entrance work nearing completion
• Police investigating splicer theft
• Reporter receives first place award
• Mattraw gets football opportunity at Toledo
• Bulldogs get fourth place twice at Bryan
Kenneth E. "Gene" Ford, 88, 3309 Wild Cherry Ave., Celina, died at 10:10 a.m. May 2, 2010, at Celina Manor. He was born Sept. 8, 1921, in Washington Court House, to Guy and Gertrude Flint Ford. On Jan. 19, 1946, he married Mary . . .
Robert A. Mertz, 82, 4050 North Star- Fort Loramie Road, New Weston, died at 11:50 a.m. May 2, 2010, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. He was born May 14, 1927, in Anna to John and Catherine Behr Mertz. On Feb. 24, 1949, he ma . . .
Dennis D. Schwieterman, 73, 380 Dull Road, St. Henry, died May 1, 2010, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton. He was born May 11, 1936, in Celina, to Ernest and Regina Evers Schwieterman. On May 2, 1959, he married Virginia Fal . . .