Tuesday, January 11th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mendon resident Iain Bruce believes firefighting is a calling. And Bruce's commitment on a volunteer basis makes his opinion all the more plausible. "We're volunteers. We all work full-time jobs," said Bruce, a volunteer fire . . .
ST. MARYS - A former St. Marys businessman who swindled more than $300,000 from area investors - including two southern Mercer County men - was granted an early prison release by outgoing Gov. Ted Strickland. Brian K. Selby, 43 . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Abused girl continues to improve
• Buchy expected to fill Ohio House seat
• State, local leaders to devise plan for Grand Lake
• New facilities may be added in park in time for 175th birthday celebration
• Coldwater tax revenue up
• Council votes to renew $1.1 million of debt on Rotary Walkway project
• District waiting a bit on superintendent search
• Carryover gives St. Marys cushion in 2011 budget
• Borgerding had big weekend for Waves
Mary M. Granger, 89, Union City, died Jan. 8, 2011, at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton. She was born Nov. 18, 1921, in Mercer County, to George and Margaret Flife Makley. She married Harold R. Granger, who is deceased. Surviv . . .
Kenneth Leo Patten, 65, Maria Stein, died at 9:42 a.m. Jan. 5, 2011, at the Van Wert Inpatient Hospice Center in Van Wert. He was born Jan. 31, 1945, in Fort Wayne, Ind., to Dillo J. and Mildred J. Bowers Patten. Surviving ar . . .
John W. Herron, 64, Greenville, died at 4:25 p.m. Jan. 8, 2011, at Good Samaritan Hospital in Dayton. He was born May 11, 1946, in Celina, to James D. and Irene Schott Herron. His mother survives in St. Henry and his father is . . .
Linus E. Bergman, 92, St. Henry, died Jan. 10, 2011, at his home. He was born Dec. 26, 1918, in Maria Stein, to Joseph and Catherine Schmitt Bergman. On Oct. 22, 1947, he married Rita Selhorst, who died in 2004. Surviving are . . .
Monday, February 20
Saturday, February 18
Friday, February 17
Friday, February 17