Thursday, July 14th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Knowing right from wrong is universal, but how the court system handles criminals varies. Auglaize County Common Pleas Court Judge Frederick Pepple recently returned from teaching criminal procedure of American law at Muenster . . .
It didn't matter to Cory Luebke if he was starting or in the bullpen this season, as long as he was going to be in the big leagues. As it turned out, he has excelled no matter which role he has had on the San Diego Padres' pitc . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Residents may learn how to help lake
• Students could make up calamity days online
• Eaglebrook road repair work possible
• County may have departments audited
• Police target properties with tall grass, weeds
• St. Marys schools seeks interim superintendent
• Another tight race for World of Outlaws title
Hazel M. Goodwin, 89, St. Marys, died at 7:40 p.m. July 12, 2011, at her son's residence in Elida. She was born Nov. 22, 1921, in Montezuma, to Wilbur and Mary Peggs Ritchie. On Aug. 1, 1942, she married Forrest "Red" Goodwin, . . .
Ronny Lee Stienecker, 59, St. Marys, was found dead in his home July 12, 2011. He was born Oct. 10, 1951, in Celina, to Virgil and Marjorie Schmehl Stienecker, who survive in St. Marys. Also surviving are a son, Jason (Becky) . . .