Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Officials estimate that hundreds of local ash trees are infected and dying from a small bug that's invaded the U.S. The destructive emerald ash borer (EAB) has established itself in several local communities including Coldwater . . .
NEW BREMEN - Callie Wells pondered the door prizes at the eighth annual New Bremen Parks Fishing Derby before plucking a box of neon-colored worms. "I haven't caught anything yet but maybe these worms will draw some attention," . . .
ROCKFORD - Rockford natives Paul and Dorothy Schumm Shaffer have dedicated their lives to giving back, surpassing $1 million in charitable donations. The Shaffers, who celebrated their 60th anniversary in June, believe giving s . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Polls to stay at three schools
• Bids sought for construction of new restroom
• Water advisory remains in effect
• Grant funds go toward cleaning lake
• Man jailed for running meth lab
• Workers seed ground around sewer project
• More people choosing cremation
• Store offers medical supplies
• Losing streak for Mariners hits six
• Tourney run continues for Greenville, Vandalia