Tuesday, August 16th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
OSGOOD - A Celina High School junior was killed at a construction site in Osgood on Monday morning when his father backed over him with a Bobcat front loader. Damon Springer, 16, of Celina, was pronounced dead at the scene shor . . .
Farmers in the Grand Lake Watershed are being asked to start collecting precipitation data to help identify which conservation practices reduce nutrient runoff the best. Any data farmers have been collecting on their own over t . . .
ST. MARYS - Hunters likely will get permission to trap squirrels in St. Marys, as an over abundance of the animal has led to power outages. "Being a tree city, we have a lot of squirrels," safety service director Tom Hitchcock . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Residents worry about crime
• Celina planners will allow auto lot
• Seniors reminisce about fairs from childhood
• Celina hires new teachers for school year
• Business advisory group added for support
• Educators strive to point problem kids in right direction
• Celina tennis blanks Sidney
• PBA bowlers will be in Coldwater this week
• Harness racing is underway at Fair
• Renner is hired by OSU Extension
• Ag leaders program planned
Robert Bayham, 95, St. Marys, died Aug. 15, 2011, at his residence. He was born March 14, 1916, in Dayton to Frank and Flora Hobler Bayham. On Jan. 5, 1946, he married Cecilia M. Bochenek, who died Oct. 3, 2008. Surviving ar . . .
Damon Springer, 16, of Celina, was killed in an accident in Osgood at approximately 11 a.m. Monday. Funeral arrangements are pending at Cisco Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Ludwig Wuebker, 85, St. Henry, died Aug. 16, 2011, at Briarwood Village, Coldwater. Funeral Mass is 10:30 a.m. Friday at St. Aloysius Catholic Church, Carthagena. Calling is 2-8 p.m. Thursday and 9-10 a.m. Friday at Hogenkamp . . .
Donald H. Leffler, 82, Celina, died at 4:58 a.m. Aug. 16, 2011 at Lima Memorial Hospital. Services are pending at the Lehman-Hogenkamp-Dzendzel Funeral Home, Celina. . . .