Monday, February 18th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The Lenten season brings fish fry fever to Mercer and Auglaize counties. Every Friday night during the 40 days preceding Easter, nearly all area communities have a restaurant or veterans or civic organization serving deep-fried . . .
The tradition of Celina divers competing at the state level continues while St. Marys' Madison Taylor finally gets her chance on the biggest stage. Taylor and four Celina divers (Collen Byer, Olivia Schlotterer, Chandler Kimmel . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Speaker wants decisions based on U.S. Constitution
• Stand off ends with no major injuries
• Celina sending six more to state
• T-Birds too quick for Bulldogs
• Cavs finish second, sending eight to districts
• Cavaliers cruise to sectional title
Dewaine Byerley, 76, St. Marys, died Feb. 16, 2013, at St. Marys Living Center. Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys, is handling arrangements. . . .
John Douglas "Doug" Brookhart, 71, St. Marys, died of a sudden illness at 2:50 a.m. Feb. 16, 2013, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys, with his loving family at his side. He was born Feb. 26, 1941, in Parke . . .