Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
By DOUG DREXLER and KATHY THOMPSON firstname.lastname@example.org COLDWATER - School board members Tuesday night agreed to enter into a settlement with the family who claimed their child had been physically and emotionally abus . . .
A portion of state Route 67 in Auglaize County may be dedicated in honor of Staff Sgt. Sonny Zimmerman. Zimmerman, 25, of Waynesfield, was an infantry squad leader killed July 16, 2013, in Mushaka, Afghanistan, while serving hi . . .
FORT RECOVERY - In a hotly-contested matchup between Celina and Fort Recovery on Tuesday night, it was Kendra Siefring's free throw with 44 seconds left in the game that propelled the Indians to a 47-46 win over the Bulldogs at F . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Hearing on Slusser's bid to get job back opens with testimony
• Parkway continues to experience winter weather problems
• New arena in the works for Auglaize fairgrounds
• Tavern to reopen after fire
• New Bremen hikes water rates
• Man held after shots are fired in Celina
• Celina trooper takes top honors
• Mercer County invests in equipment for snow removal
• Kahlig's big night lifts Fort Recovery to win
• Flyers top Cavs in MAC action
Richard Lutz Winter, 88, of Tomah, Wis., and formerly of Rockford, died Feb. 10, 2014, at his home. He was born Aug. 7, 1925, to Frank B. and Celia Lutz Winter in Fort Wayne, Ind. On Sept. 9, 1957, he married Ann Hoehamer at th . . .
Ralph W. Smith Jr., 83, St. Marys, died Feb. 7, 2014, at Kindred Hospital in Lima. He was born Sept. 10, 1931, in Neptune, to Ralph and Nora Rutledge Smith Sr. On Aug. 20, 1982, he married Betty J. Jones in Wapakoneta, and she . . .
Lynnell Wibbeler, 56, New Bremen, died at 6:27 a.m. Feb. 11, 2014, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Funeral arrangements are being completed at Miller Funeral Home, St. Marys. . . .