Thursday, January 12th, 2017 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
NEW BREMEN - Plans are proceeding to construct a new kindergarten-eighth-grade building. School district treasurer Jill Ahlers detailed a resolution to school board members on Monday evening to issue $14.4 million in bonds to p . . .
CELINA - Local farmers are seeing a "concerning increase" in waterhemp in area soybean fields, Ohio State Extension Educator Jeff Stachler said during a weed-management presentation Wednesday afternoon at Wright State University- . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Schools, responders coordinate emergency efforts
• Farmers can seek funds for curbing nutrient runoff
• St. Marys choir members lauded
• Celina woman pleads not guilty to drug counts
• Hoying to lead Coldwater school board
• Chickasaw still trying to fill water and/or wastewater positions
• Panthers seek elusive win over Cavaliers
• MAC girls basketball title race beginning to heat up
Robert L. Petri age 72 passed away Monday January 9, 2017. He was a long-time member of The Moose Lodge and the Sportsmans Club in St. Marys, Ohio. Bob played class A baseball and is a member of the Dayton baseball Hall of Fame . . .
James Bonifas, 92, Coldwater, died on Jan. 11, 2017, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Coldwater. . . .
Elizabeth "Betty" Bruns, 67, St. Henry, died on Jan. 11, 2017, in Cincinnati. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, St. Henry. . . .
Robert Schamp, 69, rural St. Marys, died on Jan. 11, 2017, at St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima. Arrangements are pending at Miller Funeral Homes, St. Marys. . . .
Thursday, March 23
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, February 4