Friday, August 4th, 2006 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
A widespread power outage that lasted nearly three hours Thursday evening was caused by a lightning strike on a substation near Greenville. The Dayton Power & Light Co. substation suffered a direct strike, knocking out power to . . .
Aggressive baserunning and strong pitching kept the Grand Lake Mariners in the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League tournament winner's bracket on Thursday at Jim Hoess Field. Grand Lake scored the winning run in the bottom of . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Foreign students work at local fair
• Commissioners to apply for $1.2 million in loans
• Stone from the Mercer County Courthouse going to governor's garden
• Vendor a long-time regular at county fair
• Officials divide purchase of new radio equipment
• Teen waves right to preliminary hearing
• Late Locos rally keeps Lima in winner's bracket