Wednesday, August 16th, 2006 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Seven of the nine local school districts scored the top rating possible on the state's 2005-06 report cards, which were released Tuesday by the Ohio Department of Education. Six local districts tallied perfect scores Those . . .
Harbor House has been given new life. Following an announcement in late July that the maternity home in Celina may close due to financial shortages, the agency has received an "encouraging outpouring of support from the communi . . .
ROCKFORD - The village was awarded a $496,000 transportation enhancement grant Aug. 9 from the Ohio Department of Transportation to fund an extensive forthcoming infrastructure project. Village Administrator Jeff Long told coun . . .
The Mercer County boys golf teams opened up play on Tuesday with the annual Mercer County Tournament held on a beautiful Tuesday at the Mercer County Elks. St. Henry captured the team title, edging out rival Coldwater by one st . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Minster prepares to up electrical output
• Giving back federal money
• Mercer SWCD could face steep cuts next year
• Parkway ready to go
• BOE cuts cross country
• Resident blasts commissioners with hodgepodge of complaints
• State change could squeeze county MR/DDs
• Slow EPA response stalls well activation
• Council ponders parking problems near Dannon
• Local trainer helping area residents get into shape one body at a time
• New daycare coming to Minster in September
• Area golfers look strong at Cardinal Invite
Wednesday, May 27
Saturday, May 23
Saturday, May 23