Support These Participating Shop Small Business Saturday Merchants
Wednesday, November 1st, 2006 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
Mercer County officials got their first glimpse of what the proposed new county jail would look like - if county voters eventually approve a tax issue to pay for the project. Architects from Shremshock Associates, Dublin, showe . . .
The last several years, David Wilker has been the standard-bearer for the Coldwater boys, finishing no lower than 15th in the first three appearances at the state meet. Now, Wilker will have some running partners at Scioto Down . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Candidates call jail, water, agriculture critical issues
• Rising deer population = more crashes
• Knapke stepping down after 35 years
• Meeting set for possible Fort high school construction project
• St. Marys school construction forum set
• 73-year-old woman's car strikes 4 vehicles, building
• Celina man sentenced to 18 months in prison after his eighth drunk driving offense
• Galleria 'walker' sentenced to community control sanctions
• Giesige is the pick between two good auditor candidates
• Knobbies expands, moves to larger facility
Marie H. "Micky" Evers, 88, 112 W. Center St., Fort Recovery, died at 1:25 p.m. Oct. 31, 2006, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. She was born Nov. 6, 1917, in St. Henry, to Henry and Mary Dwenger Evers. . . .
Eldon B. Haberkamp, 80, 08244 Airport Road, New Knoxville, died at 5:23 p.m. Oct. 30, 2006, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born Jan. 1, 1926, in New Knoxville, to Benjamin and Bertha Wierwille H . . .
Larry Hicks, 65, of Bruns Avenue, Celina, died at 4:15 p.m. Oct. 31, 2006, at Veterans' Administration Medical Center, Dayton. Arrangements are pending with Miller Funeral Home Ohio 703 West Chapel, St. Marys. . . .
Florentine H. Rose, 82, of Celina, died at 3:35 p.m. Oct. 30, 2006, at Celina Manor Nursing Home. She was born Aug. 12, 1924, in St. Rose, to Albert and Anna Hartings Evers. On Sept. 1, 1948, she married Arlington M. Rose, who . . .
Alvina Thieman, 92, 2184 Amsterdam Road, Minster, died Oct. 31, 2006, at Heritage Manor Nursing Home, Minster. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, Minster. . . .