Friday, May 4th, 2007 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
The Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC) announced Thursday that St. Marys City Schools is among 39 districts in the state to receive building improvement money for fiscal year 2008. Based on the basic project that has been . . .
NEW BREMEN - It looks like the Midwest Athletic Conference softball title is a three-team race now thanks to New Bremen. The Cardinals knocked off a previously unbeaten MAC team for the second straight day on Thursday as New Br . . .
The first annual Mercer County Ribfest on May 12 is expected to attract 3,500 people to the fairgrounds and will be one of many fairground firsts since Manager Scott Riffle was hired a year ago. Riffle, who was brought on board . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Brown proposes lending overhaul
• Volunteers help make state campground run smoothly
• Motorists cringe as local gas prices soar above $3 per gallon mark
• Board will again submit resolution on mowing, cutting hay on filter strips
• Council plans on taking out loan for future projects
• Sanitary sewer pumping station given to city free of charge
• St. Marys man pleads guilty to theft charges
• Woman indicted for aggravated arson
• Redskins, Cavs split team titles
• Strong field advances for Celina, St. Marys in WBL tennis tourney
Emma Lou Bernard, 86, of The Gardens at St. Henry, died at 7 p.m. May 3, 2007, at her residence. She was born June 18, 1920, in St. Marys, to Carl H. and Emma Krantz Althoff. On April 15, 1972, she married Edward H. Bernard, w . . .
Robert E. Nedderman, 88, 10431 Auglaize County Road 66A, St. Marys, died at 8:50 p.m. May 2, 2007, at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. He was born March 8, 1919, in German Township, Auglaize County, to Will . . .
Edward H. Stammen, 88, of Burkettsville, died May 3, 2007, at Dayton Hospice. Arrangements are pending at Hogenkamp Funeral Home, St. Henry. . . .