Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. HENRY - Village workers will be cruising the streets at night checking signs for reflectivity, thanks to new government regulations. Council members on Monday approved the appointment of seasonal workers Tom Laux and Bill W . . .
ST. MARYS - A Memorial High School senior would like to see a new hiking/bike path in the city. Student Nick Durke asked city council members during a meeting Monday to consider adding a path along Celina Road to connect the bi . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Arrests made in Grube murder case
• New court fee to pay for future projects
• Police sergeant gets pay raise
• County's unemployment rate lower in February
• Fort Recovery man injured in snowmobile accident
• Bulldogs hungry for success
• Celina hoping to contend with WBL favorites
• Bulldogs have set lofty goals for this season
• Cavaliers should be among MAC contenders
• Cavaliers will be led by their nine juniors
• Experienced roster has Kaup optimistic
• Indians have mix of youth and experience
• Flyers still scrambling to fill open positions
• Flyers welcome back nine letter winners
• Minster gunning for third straight state title
• Wildcats loaded for another successful year
• Bowersock excited to coach varsity squad
• New Bremen has nine letter winners returning
• Parkway lacking experience on the mound
• Parkway will contend for fifth straight title
• Pitching should be a strength for Redskins
• St. Henry will rely on pitching, versatility
• Roughriders were hit hard by graduation
• Grothause focused on steady improvement
• Bulldogs hoping to contend for WBL titles
• Distance runners will anchor Cavaliers
• Numbers an issue in Hemmelgarn's first year
• Marion Local has a strong core of athletes
• Minster primed for another strong campaign
• Cardinals counting on senior leaders
• Parkway optimistic with solid veterans
• Redskins hoping to excel under Helmstetter
• Roughriders striving for improved results
• Bulldogs have their eyes on WBL crown
• Trio of letter winners return for St. Marys
Martha Koontz, 96, Rockford, died at 10:10 a.m. March 25, 2013, at the Laurels of Shane Hill, where she had been a patient. She was born March 11, 1917, in Willshire to Odus Lee and Mary Hazel Owens Byer. On April 8, 1939, she . . .
Beverly Ann Fetters, 65, Celina, died 7:05 p.m. March 24, 2013, at The Gardens of Celina. Death was due to natural causes. She was born Sept. 14, 1946, in Celina to Carl Rex and Kathlene Hope Ellis Fetters. Her father is deceas . . .
Anna A. Fleck, 61, Celina, died this morning at Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys. Arrangements are pending at Dick and Sons-Hellwarth Funeral Home, Celina. . . .
Herbert Frank Dirksen, 89, Uvalde, Texas, passed away March 23, 2013, at home, surrounded by his family, amid prayer and song. He was born Feb 23, 1924, in Cassella, to Clarence and Philomena Homan Dirksen. He married Mary Cat . . .
Elsie J. Vonderheide Winner, 75, went home to be with the Lord on March 25, 2013. She was born Oct. 4, 1937, in Fort Loramie to Albert and Rose Vonderheide. She married Donald A. Winner on June 24, 1961, and he is deceased. S . . .
Jerry D. Piper, 60, Celina, died at 12:37 a.m. March 25, 2013, at Mercer County Community Hospital, Coldwater. Death was due to natural causes. He was born May 21, 1952, in Celina to Dana and Mary Cisco Piper. His mother is de . . .
Opal Lucille Barber, 91, Celina, passed away March 24, 2013, at The Laurels of Shane Hill, Rockford. She was born July 28, 1921, in Mercer County, to Earl and Edith Deitsch VanTilburg. On Nov. 21, 1939, she married John Cloyc . . .
Clara Hertha (Vogel) Davis, 92, died peacefully at The Laurels in Rockford on March 24, 2013. She was born Jan. 3, 1921, in Germany and immigrated to the United States with her father, Conrad Albrecht Vogel, her mother, Clara R . . .
Mostly cloudy, showers
Mostly cloudy, showers