Freeze Warning issued April 19 at 9:42PM EDT until April 21 at 10:00AM EDT by NWS Wilmington (details ...)
...FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 10 AM
* WHAT...Sub-freezing temperatures as low as 29 degrees are
* WHERE...Portions of east central and southeast Indiana and
central, southwest and west central Ohio.
* WHEN...From 3 AM to 10 AM Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Frost and freeze conditions will kill crops, other
sensitive vegetation and possibly damage unprotected outdoor
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Sub-freezing temperatures will also be
possible Thursday and Friday morning.
Monday, April 15th, 2013
Fish hatchery tour
Photo by Nancy Allen/The Daily Standard
Mort Pugh, supervisor at the St. Marys State Fish Hatchery on the east side of Grand Lake, explains hatchery operations to a group of people during a public tour of the facility on Saturday. Pugh said close to 1,000 people attended. Inside the hatchery building are 4 to 6 million walleye fry in tanks, 40 to 50 million saugeye eggs in hatching jars and 4 to 6 million yellow perch egg ribbons in heat trays and tanks.