Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
FORT RECOVERY - A contingent of community members opposed to the Common Core Standards - a set of federal educational standards for grades K-12 in language arts and mathematics adopted by most states, including Ohio - addressed t . . .
ST. MARYS - The police officer who shot a drunk and armed St. Marys man last month has been exonerated by a local review board. St. Marys Police Officer Luke Turpin was cleared for firing a single shot that struck suspect Brad . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Murder suspect brought to county hearing
• Past release of lake water hailed
• Some residents want old-style lettering on tower
• Rockford council talks town cleanup
• Celina parents, staff learn more about elementary school realignment
• Fort basketball coach's contract renewed
• Flavors of 1950s return to Fort
• Kahlig heading to powerhouse Wittenberg
• Lakers get one game in before rain
Margaret Heistan, 82, Venice, Fla., and formerly of St. Marys, passed away peacefully April 7, 2013, at Tidewell Hospice House in Sarasota, Fla. She was born May 11, 1930, in Celina to Matt and Levon Sunderhaus. She married Jac . . .
Edward L. "Ted" Rollins, 79, New Bremen, died at 11 p.m. April 15, 2013, at Lima Memorial Hospital. He was born April 25, 1933, in Fremont, to Dormal and Ruth Walters Rollins. On Jan. 27, 1956, he married Sandra L. Hanson, who . . .
Genevieve L. Siebert, 90, Rockford, died at 5:40 a.m. April 15, 2013, at the Laurels of Shane Hill in Rockford. She was born March 27, 1923, in Liberty Township to Samuel and Lela Myers Leininger. On July 20, 1946, she married . . .
Dorothy L. Williams, 87, Celina, died at 9:58 p.m. April 15, 2013, at St. Marys Living Center. She was born May 26, 1925, in New Bremen, to Arthur and Nudi Stienecker Barth. She married Charlton "Choppy" Williams, who preceded . . .