Wednesday, May 15th, 2013 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
ST. MARYS - Cuts in programs and personnel to save the district about $1.5 million will be implemented for next school year due to the failure of a recent levy. The elimination of the vocational agriculture program, implementat . . .
COLDWATER - Carter Kanney sits cross-legged on the floor watching a Disney flick as he clenches a small toy car in his hand. His actions, spirit and frequent giggles resemble most 3-year-olds but his life is much more complicat . . .
VERSAILLES - Marion Local's girls and Minster's boys have the early leads in the team title races after the first day of the Midwest Athletic Conference track meet on Tuesday. The Lady Flyers are in first thus far with 61 point . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Safety concern closes skatepark
• Reforms approved for grading, attendance
• Police union contract approved
• Fat docs carry little weight with their heavy patients
• City selling lot for car dealership expansion
• Creek erosion control bids come in under estimate
• City may craft sign legislation
• Parkway district's financial forecast shows no deficits
• Tax deferment plan for Maria Stein pullet farm moves ahead
• Coco Addiction pairs fine flavors, fashion
• Roughriders eliminated from tourney by Redskins
• Minster crushes Marion Local
• Coldwater blows out St. John's
Ruth Krieg, 84, of rural New Bremen, died May 14, 2015, at her residence. Complete arrangements are pending at Miller-Long & Folk Funeral Home, 314 W. High Street Chapel, St. Marys. Calling is 2-8 p.m. Friday at the funeral h . . .
Bernard "Ben" H. Siefring, 83, Coldwater, died May 13, 2013. at his home. He was born Jan. 4, 1930, in Philothea, to the late Bernard J. and Pauline Dues Siefring. On Sept. 15, 1956, he married Mary Kahlig in Coldwater, and she . . .
Wednesday, March 22
Saturday, March 18
Wednesday, March 15
Saturday, March 11
Saturday, February 4