Tuesday, October 14th, 2008 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
COLDWATER - The bumpy ground behind the old Smith School isn't as inviting these days to the students who once slung acorns and played Fox and Goose on the 'ole playground. "We played Andy Over and had lots of acorn fights out . . .
Only two weeks remain in the high school football regular season. The first area team has clinched a playoff spot, and later this week we will be able to make projections as to who is likely to make the playoffs and who is not. . . .
Print and E-Edition Only News Stories
• Area woman feels pinch during lockout
• Night lights in Zuma on ballot
• Curb appeal project has begun in St. Henry
• Treasurer: Levy needs to pass to keep programs
• Financial concepts to be taught beginning 2010
• Resident brings complaint of reckless drivers to council
• Funds still available to farmers in Grand Lake Watershed
Raymond A. Rush, 64, 1730 Celina Road, St. Marys, died at 5 p.m. Oct. 11, 2008, at the University of Alabama Medical Center in Birmingham. Death was due to natural causes. He was born Nov. 26, 1943, in St. Marys, to Roy and Ile . . .
Delbert L. "Del" Stucke, 61, 293 E. Sixth St., Minster, died at 3:30 p.m. Oct. 12, 2008, at his residence. Death was due to natural causes. He was born May 8, 1947, in Coldwater to Werner and Alvira Vehorn Stucke, who survive. . . .
Ryan A. Weitzel, 17, 5677 state Route 119, St. Henry, died Oct. 12, 2008, at his residence. Death was due to an apparent suicide. He was born Dec. 8, 1990, in Coldwater, to Phil and Marge Everman Weitzel, who survive at the res . . .