Tuesday, January 25th, 2011 Edition of The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
CELINA - City council members on Monday night approved the second reading of an ordinance to purchase two fire vehicles from Sutphen Fire Trucks of Dublin for $1.38 million. About 30 residents filled city chambers for a public . . .
(This is the first of a three-part series to help readers understand the new divisional alignment structures that are being proposed by the Ohio High School Athletic Association. Coming on Wednesday will be opinions from area coa . . .
ST. HENRY - The community is losing a school board president but gaining a new village administrator, following action Monday night in council chambers. Ron Gelhaus was appointed to the full-time position of village administrat . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Citizens question Celina finances
• Lawyer suggests tax repeal
• Celina school board approves levy
• Village manager says Geotube to be removed
• WSU holds groundbreaking ceremony for new dorms
• Resolution passed to put 1 percent income tax levy on May ballot
• No action taken by council
• Bath back at Miami coaching tight ends
• Parkway picks up second win
• Meetings set on new manure rules
Paul V. Kleinhenz, 93, St. Henry, died at 7 a.m. Jan. 24, 2011, at the Gardens at St. Henry. He was born March 4, 1917, in Maria Stein to Anthony and Anna Lochtefeld Kleinhenz. On July 17, 1948, he married Irene M. Menker, who . . .
Arthur John Rindler, 87, Burkettsville, died at 11:45 p.m. Jan. 23, 2011, at Briarwood Village in Coldwater. He was born Jan. 21, 1924, in St. Henry, to Sebastian and Catherine Bohman Rindler. On Oct. 5, 1946, he married Alvina . . .
Frederick A. "Fritz" Benanzer Jr., 81, Sidney, died at 9:40 p.m. Jan. 23, 2011, in Piqua. He was born June 16, 1929, in Sidney to Frederick and Johanna Mertz Benanzer. Surviving is a sister, Leona Hoke, St. Louis, Mo.; an . . .