Friday, June 22nd, 2007 Stories in The Daily Standard
Online Local News Stories
An emergency water restriction ordinance was activated by Rockford Village Administrator Jeff Long on this morning prohibiting residents from watering their lawns. Long said all residents are to refrain from watering their lawn . . .
Local officials Thursday held their first meeting to investigate establishing a federal program to improve water quality in the Grand Lake/Wabash River Watershed. But leaders must first find out if local farmers want the progra . . .
Day after day the sun shone out Till the earth was choking with dust and drought, And millions of blossoms on hill and plain Were almost dead for the want of rain. All through the meadows the heads of wheat Bent low wit . . .
ST. HENRY - Hitting is contagious and the Coldwater ACME team proved that during the fourth inning of its game against St. Henry at the Wally Post Athletic Complex on Thursday evening. Coldwater had nine hits and scored nine ru . . .
Print Edition Only News Stories
• Jail tax on ballot
• Bids favorable for improvement projects
• Go-kart drivers team up to help local Red Cross chapter
• Students receive college credit by leading the way
• Montezuma jewelry buyer pleads not guilty
• St. Marys man sentenced for sex acts with children
• Retiring priest sees this as time of change
• Return to the Big E for trio of NASCAR star drivers
• Grand Lake scores seven runs in final two innings for win